And leaves everywhere, great for the goats to munch and the kids to play in. We're making the most of the season by planting our new fruit trees and ornamentals this month and making sure to use a wool mat around the bases to ensure a great start (currently on special).
We have four containers arriving over these next few months to make sure we have plenty of stock for when the weather warms again, so busy time ahead. We will be updating our website as they arrive, so please make sure to check them out along with any other specials.
Happy gardening, Warren & Monique
Biochar Soil Conditioner and Fertilisers
Seek Fertilisers are a worldwide leader in the manufacture of commercial Biochar products. Their products are USDA and IMO certified. Biochar Soil Conditioner and Fertilisers revitalise your soil by boosting nutrient transfer, increasing soil organic matter and enhancing resistance to pests. PRICED FROM $4.00Read more...
Professional Felt Grow Bags
Our eco-friendly grow bags are made of felt fabric (from recycled plastic drink bottles). They provide excellent root zone aeration and drainage. Unlike traditional plastic grow bags or nursery pots, the fabric material "breathes" allowing for greater oxygen/air at the root level creating a better environment for root growth and ultimately better plant growth. PRICED FROM $4.00Read more...
This Months Special
It's the season for planting your fruit and ornamental trees and shrubs, so why not provide a nice insulating and protective wool mat to help establish young plants.
Our Mulch blankets are made from 100% New Zealand Recycled Sheeps Wool. They have a 400gsm thickness and are needled punched for strength and durability. They will help to suppress weeds and retain vital soil moisture by reducing evaporation. As they slowly biodegrade (over approx. 18 months), they release natural organic nutrients such as nitrogen, potassium, sulphur and other trace elements. JUST CUT TO LENGTH OR SIZE REQUIRED.
FREE Bamboo Fibre Gloves
WITH ANY PURCHASE OF BIOCHAR BIO-ORGANIC GRANULES OR 1L LIQUID FERTILISERS
Wool Mulch Blankets
NZ MADE, ECO-FRIENDLY
50CM WIDE x 12.5M LONG (6.25SQM) RRP $49.90
50CM WIDE x 25M LONG (12.5SQM) RRP $89.90
Handy Tips for Autumn Tree Planting
1. Water your tree weekly for the first year. Water 3-4 litres for every meter in height. (So, a two meter sapling should get 6-8 litres every week).
2. When buying your tree, make sure that all its leaves are green and not drooping.
3. When planting a container tree, tease out the roots into the planting hole. If they are circling too much to do that, make vertical cuts. They will grow back. It is very important that the roots make immediate contact with the backfill soil.
4. Consider the mature height and spread of the tree. The little oak tree now, planted a short distance from your house, could become a hazard during storms 30 years from now. Either plant it farther away, or plant a tree that will mature to something smaller.
5. One more time - mulch, mulch, mulch! 2-4 inches (5 cm - 10cm) of organic material improves the soil, moderates soil temperature and conserves moisture. Refresh annually.
6. If you are planting fruit or nut trees for a small home orchard, continue to water weekly for the life of the tree, as your crop depends on consistent irrigation. Fertilize fruit and nut trees monthly, or according to package directions.
A big welcome to our new retailers who are now stocking some of our great products:
Taonga Gardens, Maungaturoto
Palmers Planet, Albany
Palmers Plamet, Westgate
We are still looking for retailers through-out the country to stock our range. So if you have a local garden centre looking for some unique new products, please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can get in touch.
We are also looking for people who might want to sell our products at their local town markets.